Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Super easy tasty waffles

I was really craving some waffles the other day so I scoured the Internet....all I found were really involved recipes using flax seeds and half whole wheat flour with mashed bananas and applesauce and ground nuts.....what? I just want an unhealthy white fluffy waffle smothered in maple syrup....so this is what I came up with, and they came out super yum!!!





1 cup flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
berries, to taste, optional
chocolate chips, to taste, optional
1 cup nondairy milk (I use almond)
Substitute for two eggs (used ener-g egg replacer)
1tsp oil

1. Mix the dry ingredients in a bowl with berries or chocolate chips, if using. Mix the wet ingredients in a different bowl. Combine and mix until just mixed up.

2. Preheat waffle iron and spray with some nonstick spray

3. Cook according to the waffle maker's instructions

4. Top wit your fav waffle topping, i used maple syrup this time, but some other favorites are vegan whip cream, some powdered sugar and strawberries for a really decadent breakfast!

Serves: 2-3, Preparation time: 5 + waffle iron time

No comments:

Post a Comment