Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Creamy cheesy vegan butternut pasta bake

So my best friend is getting married in like 36 hours...out of town. Naturally i'm a little stressed... making sure I have everything I need, speech written etc... Normally I don't post my "idonthaveanythinginthehousesoimjustgonnathrowsomethingtogether" recipes on my blog, but this one turned out so good and was so easy, it would be a sin not to share! now the butternut squash soup is a brand I see often in most stores and is vegan, I just happen to keep some in my house at all times because of it's yum factor, I've included a pic of the brand I used. Also, I eyeballed the ingredients as I was preparing this since I was in a hurry so I guessed on the exact measurements, you can add more to taste as underestimated to prevent overdosing on a particular ingredient.


1 package elbow style pasta (I prefer DeBoles artichoke)
1 box vegan creamy butternut squash soup
1/4 cup earth balance
1/2 cup tofutti sour cream
1/2 cup nutritional yeast
1/2 cup Daiya cheddar style cheese shreds
2 tsp paprika
2tsp sage
sea salt and pepper to taste
bread crumbs

preheat oven to 350

prepare pasta as directed
meanwhile pour soup into large pan and bring to simmer on med heat
add butter, sour cream, nutritional yeast and stir well. Add cheese and stir until melted. Add spices and let simmer about 5-10 minutes. Pour soup mix over pasta, top with breadcrumbs and bake about 10 minutes... YUM!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment