Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Vegan Meatball Subs

alright folks, so this is a real easy one...as a matter of fact, you dont actually have to do anything beyond hitting a button on the microwave and pushing the broil option on your oven... But this is a quick easy and surprisingly filling meal. I make these when I want something that makes me feel like I just ate a home cooked meal but only have about 10 minutes.

vegan sub or hoagie rolls
vegan meatballs (I use Trader Joe's brand meatless meatballs)
marinara sauce (I like to use an arrabiata sauce to give it a little kick)
Daiya Mozzarella style shreds

I use my pizza stone when baking these delicious sandwiches...keeps the bread on the bottom from burning.

cook meatballs according to directions (mine just pop in the microwave for 1 minute)
i like to put a layer of sauce on both sides of the bread to keep it from browning too much...but if you like your subs crispy you can skip this step. put a layer of sauce over the meatballs and top with cheese more or less to your preference. put oven on the broil setting and pop in until cheese is melted and edges of sub roll is crispy.

No comments:

Post a Comment